Free fuel? Free heat? Free electricity? Sounds too good to be true? Not with the BioLite CampStove.
A truly ingenious idea, the CampStove brings the campfire into the 21st century. It burns twigs, bark, pinecones or any other biomass that you can muster while you're out and about. Excess heat from the fierce little flame generates electricity via a thermoelectric generator to power a fan that creates airflow for improved combustion, greater efficiency and less smoke. It can be used with the BioLite Portable Grill and the BioLite KettlePot (Both sold separately).
As well as running the fan, the generator produces enough spare electricty to send to a USB port that will charge your phone, MP3 player, LED lights or other electrical gadgets.
You can boil a litre of water in under five minutes (depending on the strength of the fire, of course) and a twenty minute burn provides enough mobile phone charge for an hour's talk time. All this in a unit that weights less than a kilo.
- Fuel: Renewable biomass (twigs, pinecones, wood pellets, etc.)
- Fuel consumption: 46g wood (approx.) to boil 1l water
- Boil time: 4.5min approx. for 1l water
- Charging time: 20min charge will give approx. 1hr smartphone talk time
- Size: 21 x 12.7cm
- Weight: 935g
- BioLite CampStove
- USB cord (for charging internal battery)
You may also like...