In Pertex 6 with an 'AquaTherm' pile lining, these salopettes are specifically designed for mountaineering and high altitude climbing. The specification is the same as the standard Salopettes with the addition of high tensile patched seat, knee and lower inner leg to protect against damage from ice climbing. The patch fabric, developed by Buffalo, is very breathable, but in low level damp atmospheric conditions it does not allow moisture to evaporate as rapidly as the Pertex it is protecting. Consequently it is not suitable for low level conditions, but is ideal for less humid higher altitudes.
Please note that the sizes listed for this item are measured at the chest as the item a high-bib design.
- Weight: approx. 870g
- Shell: Pertex 5 (100% nylon)
- Lining: AquaTherm Pile (100% polyester)
- Two way zips at the upper sides (for access/ventilation)
- Knee length leg zips
- Crotch-to-seat zip
- Zipped map pocket with weather flap on chest
- Seat, knee and ankle reinforcements
You may also like...