The original soft shell and arguably still the best!
Cut from a slightly lighter Pertex fabric than the now-famous Special 6 shirt. It is most effective when worn next-to-the-skin, as the AquaTherm pile lining draws moisture away from the body and into the tightly woven outer shell where it spreads out and evaporates. This constant movement of water away from the body - coupled with AquaTherm's ability to insulate even when wet - means it doesn't need to be completely waterproof to ensure your warmth and comfort. This in turn allows it to be extremely breathable as well as reliable in even the very worst of conditions.
For best performance, buy a snug fit: cold spots are eliminated and the wicking fabric has maximum contact with your skin.
- Weight: 670g
- Shell: Pertex 5 (100% nylon)
- Lining: AquaTherm Pile (100% polyester)
- Neck zip with storm baffles
- Two way side zips for access and ventilation, with storm baffles
- Zipped map pocket with weather flap
- Pile lined hand warmer pocket with internal tape and buckle waist adjuster
- Hand warmer pocket designed so that a rucsac hip belt can be fastened through
- Scooped back 10cm longer than front
- Touch and Close strip around collar for attachment of hood
- Touch and Close cuff and hem adjusters