Belay carabiners don’t always behave as you might want them to. There is potential for the biner to flip into a bad alignment and for cross loading to occur. With this in mind DMM came up with a special clip that once locked in position prevents cross loading occurring by holding the biner and belay device in the correct alignment. There is another advantage too: the clip can only be locked if the Screwgate has been properly closed first. It has a Taper Lock nose, a special flared profile on the nose of the biner which significantly increases the side loading strength of the gate. It is also surprisingly light.
- Strength (Gate Closed): 25kN
- Strength (Gate Open): 8kN
- Strength (Minor Axis): 10kN
- Gate Opening: 18.5mm
- Weight: 92g
- Super safe belay biner
- Plastic clip prevents cross loading
- Taper Lock nose for greater gate strength in all directions
- Strong and light I-Beam construction
- Available with Screwgate locking system
You may also like...