This guidebook covers some of the lesser well-known sandstone bouldering areas in France that will appeal to climbers looking for different bouldering areas in France away from Fontainebleau. Four distinct areas are covered, which are; around Reims in northern France; the Alsace region near Strasbourg; along the Rhone valley to the south of Lyon; and around Montpellier.
In total, ten sandstone bouldering areas are described, which are as follows:
• Reims area; Hottee du Diable, Secteur Dune, and Hottee de Gargantua.
• Alsace region near Strasbourg; Laurenzoboulderfels, and Hultehouse.
• To the south of Lyon; Blocs Bo, Roche qui dansent, Bois Laville, and Mas de l'Ayre.
• Around Montpellier is Le Prieure.
The guidebook describes around 1,100 problems from Font grade 2 to 8b, which are all shown on colour photo topos, and on boulder maps. At the start of each bouldering area there is a good location map and detailed access information, along with GPS coordinates for the parking areas. English and other languages.
- Author: Dario Santacroce and Tamara Guillermain
- Format: Paperback
- Publisher: Gabro Verlag
- Publication date: April, 2014
- ISBN13: 9783938680223
- Nr pages: 288
- Dimensions: 150 x 210mm
- Weight: 540g