With a touch, tap or swipe, Forerunner 610 lets you get on with your run while it tracks all the details.
The 610’s sleek touchscreen is as rugged as it is functional: the 610 can stand up to rain, sweat and splashes, yet it’s sensitive enough that you can operate it with running gloves. Behind that smooth glass surface is a watch that’s ready to work as hard as you are. The 610 provides accurate distance, pace, GPS position, heart rate, calories and more. It can even guide you back to the starting point of your run, giving you the freedom to explore new routes and always find your way back.
Training tools like Virtual Racer can turn any workout into a virtual matchup. This lets you race your previous bests or challenge any activities uploaded to the Garmin Connect site. Virtual Racer accounts for varying speeds and real-time conditions, so it’s truly you vs. your opponent. Or, use the Virtual Partner function and see how you measure up to a static pace you set.
Concentrating on training smarter, not harder, the 610 is Garmin's first sport watch with the Training Effect capability from Firstbeat. Training Effect measures the impact of an activity on your aerobic fitness, which essentially helps you train more efficiently. Your Training Effect is calculated based on your user profile, your heart rate and the difficulty of the activity. The 610 also offers customizable heart rate zones, alerts and heart-rate based calorie computations.
When your workout’s done, Forerunner 610 keeps working. It wirelessly uploads your run data to the Garmin Connect site when in range of your computer (PC or Mac) via ANT+ wireless technology and the USB stick that comes with your watch. At Garmin Connect you can see your activity on a map, view lap splits and explore activities from other users.
- Weight: 72 g
- Dimensions: 4.57 x 6.35 x 1.42 cm
- Touchscreen display, 2.54 cm diameter
- Battery: rechargeable lithium-ion
- Battery life: 4 weeks in power save mode; 8 hours in training mode
- IPX7 water resistant
- History: 1000 laps
- Waypoints/favorites/locations: 100
- Heart rate monitor
- Bike speed & cadence sensor/Foot Pod compatible (not included)
- Automatic sync (automatically transfers data to your computer)
- Garmin Connect compatible (online data analysis and sharing community
- Virtual Partner (train against a digital person)
- Virtual Racer (compete against other activities)
- Auto Pause (pauses and resumes timer based on speed)
- Auto Lap (automatically starts a new lap)
- User configurable workouts with pace/time/distance alerts & interval training
- Heart rate based calorie computation
- Training Effect (measures impact of an activity on aerobic fitness)