The Womens Descender Hybrid Jacket from Icebreaker is a highly technical midlayer top ideal for cold-weather training, climbing or skiing. The Descender Jacket is a hybrid-construction midlayer that uses strategically-zoned insulation for warmth and protection where you need it most. In the front panels and shoulders, we used our MerinoLOFT insulation, which provides a warm, breathable and natural alternative to synthetic insulations, with an ultralight Pertex Quantum Air face fabric. In the back and arms the Descender Hybrid features our super-soft and quick-drying terry corespun fabric—nylon fibers wrapped in merino wool and blended with Lycra to offer added durability and strength while maintaining stretch and next-to-skin softness. Offset seams prevent chafing, and zippered hand pockets secure small essentials.
- Hybrid construction with zoned MerinoLOFT front panel
- Channeled fleece provides warmth and temperature regulation
- Corespun fabric for enhanced durability
- LYCRA content for stretch and mobility
- Lightweight Pertex Quantum Air fabric for durability and compressibility
- Reverse coil center front zip
- Zipper chin guard and interior storm flap
- Offset shoulder seams prevent pack rub
- Forward set side seams for comfort
- Set-in sleeve construction with raglan back for mobility
- Zippered hand pockets
- Drop tail hem for added coverage
- Center back length: 69cm
Nature created Icebreaker merino wool as protection against the scorching summers and freezing winters of New Zealand’s rugged Southern Alps mountain range. The merino is one of the world’s most ancient and toughest breeds of sheep.
Icebreaker has pioneered the use of merino wool in the wilderness since 1994, and have now fused nature and technology to create merino layers for the outdoors, for performance sports, and for the city. Icebreaker merino garments are soft and non-itch, warm in the cold and cool in the heat, they breathe to prevent clamminess, and have a miraculous ability to warn off stinkiness.
You may also like...