Designed for climbing and tested on Mont Blanc, the Mountaineer 42 Rucksack from Jack Wolfskin was developed specifically for use in the mountains, in collaboration with the Alpinschule Innsbruck (ASI). This pro-standard mountain pack was custom-designed for climbing and mountaineering, from the slimline shape to the comprehensive, alpine-specific detailing. The seams on the main compartment and lid pocket are taped sealed to prevent water ingress. The main compartment also has hermetic roll-top closure, while the lid pocket is equipped with a waterproof zip. This means that all your gear will stay dry if the weather suddenly turns nasty. If you want to go fast and light, it can be stripped down to make a lightweight soft pack. Simply take out the frame and remove the lid pocket, side compression straps, waist belt and sternum strap. There's an additional, reinforced external compartment behind the flap on the base of the pack. This is the place to stow your crampons and any other sharp items of equipment.
- Capacity: 42L
- Body: Chaintech 210D (100% nylon)
- Lining: 100% nylon
- Frame: SPRING stainless steel
- Back system: Ergo X-Transition
- Ergonomically designed back system with reduced contact surfaces
- Superior back ventilation & flexibility of movement
- Sternum strap with signal whistle
- Detachable waist belt
- Removable frame
- Detachable side compression straps
- Robust gear loops on waist belt
- Lashing straps for trekking poles & ice axe
- Waterproof main compartment with roll-top closure
- Waterproof, detachable lid compartment
- Document pouch on underside of lid
- Key clip
- Water bladder compartment with separate zipped access
- Extremely robust exterior base compartment
- Weight: 1.87kg
Jack Wolfskin is among the leading providers of functional outdoor apparel, footwear and equipment in Europe. The fundamental idea behind all Jack Wolfskin products is to combine the best possible functionality with great comfort.
Since 1981 we have been inspiring people to seek adventure, to enjoy the freedom of the outdoors and to explore the natural world. We are outdoor pioneers of the first order and we make outdoor products you can rely on.