Designed to meet the exacting standards of an alpine guide, the Alpinist sleeping bag is one of the most technical mountain sleeping bags on the market today. Designed for multi day routes where -12C conditions are expected - either in a tent or if travelling fast and light on a bivouac. Evolving from years of experience creating the most technical Montane clothing, the Alpinist Sleeping Bag shares the technical features of the Deep Heat sleeping bag in a lighter and faster package. An underside shell fabric of Pertex Endurance provides weather resistant protection to the goose down inside whilst a lightweight, windproof and extremely breathable Pertex Microlight topside shell ensures weight saving and maximum packability.
- Topside: Pertex Microlight Mini Ripstop
- Underside: Pertex Endurance Mini Ripstop
- Lining: PEAQ Down
- Insulation: Goose down (90/10, 800+ fill, 670g)
- Trapezoidal boxwall with Montane side baffles
- 3/4 length YKK Vislon zip that is angled away from the shoulder to prevent body Contact
- Glow in the dark zip pulls
- Two double 3-D volume baffles behind YKK zip for draught proofing
- Two way zip for lower access or ventilation whilst zip is drawn up
- Zip opens fully at bottom to completely open
- Use of Pertex Endurance Mini Ripstop on the underside and foot box helps protect the down on bivouacs
- Hood shaping to prevent down migration and to limit cold spots
- Peak visor on hood for improved weather resistance and prevention of weather entry into bag whilst bivvying.
- Rear crown elastication reduces volume around hood
- Soft brushed microfleece inner next to chin and mouth area
- Underside of sleeping bag features non-slip silicone Montane roundels to help grip sleeping mat
- Foot box hang loops for storage and drying
- Internal stretch mesh water bottle pocket on right hand side
- Internal pocket on left hand side with concealed YKK zip
- Includes Montane cotton storage bag and dry bag
- Dry bag doubles as a pillow whilst stuffed with clothing and features a non-slip silicone roundel for extra grip
- Max user height: 194cm
- Shoulder width: 78cm
- Lower leg width: 60cm
- Lower comfort limit: -12°C
- Weight: 1,390g
Our story is one of cutting-edge innovation and intelligent design. Of pioneering expeditions, extraordinary athletes, inhospitable places and the world’s most brutal and iconic endurance events. For 25 years we have pushed the boundaries of where our lightweight clothing and equipment takes us. It is who we are, what we are made of. It is what defines us.
We've used our expertise to create a collection of running, walking and mountaineering clothing and packs that are engineered to withstand the most extreme conditions and environments possible, giving everybody who experiences the quality of Montane the performance edge to go FURTHER, FASTER.