Weight is everything for a summer alpinist and the pursuit demands a bag that is as light as possible without compromising the critical features required for long ascents at the limit of endurance. The Direct Ascent Sleeping Bag from Montane is equipped with a technical mountain hood, designed to allow a snug fit that moves with the head both when lying down and sitting upright. Its ergonomic body shape reduces cold spots and helps deliver a more comfortable sleep, while the technically engineered foot box has the space to allow both a relaxed foot position and extra layers of tent footwear. The super light Pertex Quantum outer shell provides windproof and breathable protection for the down, while its renowned durable water repellency helps shed any tent condensation.
- OuterPertex Quantum Ripstop
- Lining: PEAQ Down
- Insulation: Goose down (90/10, 800+ fill, 475g)
- Trapezoidal boxwall with Montane side baffles
- Pertex Quantum Ripstop is exceptionally lightweight, breathable and features a durable water repellency
- 3/4 length YKK Vislon zip that is angled away from the shoulder
- Two way YKK Vislon zip for lower access or ventilation
- Glow in the dark zip pulls
- Flipper foot box allows for natural foot position
- Underside of sleeping bag features non-slip silicone Montane roundels
- Peak visor on hood for improved weather resistance and to stop condensation entering bag
- Rear crown elastication reduces volume around hood
- Microfleece inner next to chin and mouth area
- Internal stretch mesh water bottle pocket on right hand side
- Internal pocket on left hand side with concealed YKK zip for storage
- Dry bag doubles as a pillow and constructed with a packable shape to fit more easily in pack
- Includes Montane cotton storage bag and dry bag
- Max user height: 194cm
- Shoulder width: 78cm
- Lower leg width: 60cm
- Lower comfort limit: -5°C
- Weight: 1,100g
Founded over 20 years ago British brand, Montane, engineers innovative, lightweight, breathable clothing and equipment for endurance sports and activities in some of the world’s toughest, most extreme environments.
Montane works with leading expeditions and athletes in the world’s mountainous regions, supporting climbing, mountaineering, polar exploration and endurance trail running as well as sponsoring the world’s leading ultra distance endurance races.
You may also like...