Serious mountain climbs demand well-designed, well-constructed kit. Developed in conjunction with Montane's lead athlete and big wall climber Andy Kirkpatrick, leading British mountain guides and outdoor activists, the Fast Alpine 40 Rucksack exudes functionality.
Designed to carry heavy climbing equipment to the base of a route and compress down tightly when relatively empty. It works perfectly in conjunction with a technical climbing harness and is robust enough to cope with contact against abrasive rock surfaces. Most importantly, it is comfortable on long routes when dynamic climbing manoeuvres are required.
- Main: Raptor Ripstop
- Base: Raptor UTL
- Back pad, shoulder straps, hip fins: Contact Mesh
- Lining: Halo
- Capacity: 40L
- Removable Montane VertErgo Climb back system
- Montane 'Comfort Climb Back Pad'
- Extendable top lid with compression straps
- Removable Alpine Mat
- Wide mouth central opening with Cord Lord quick release
- Climbing compatible engineered shoulder straps
- Multiple gear attachment points
- Body curve hip fins with removable padded hip belt
- Fixed webbing waist belt with quick release
- Internal security pocket
- Hydration system compatible
- Active Mountain fit
- Weight: 922g
Our story is one of cutting-edge innovation and intelligent design. Of pioneering expeditions, extraordinary athletes, inhospitable places and the world’s most brutal and iconic endurance events. For 25 years we have pushed the boundaries of where our lightweight clothing and equipment takes us. It is who we are, what we are made of. It is what defines us.
We've used our expertise to create a collection of running, walking and mountaineering clothing and packs that are engineered to withstand the most extreme conditions and environments possible, giving everybody who experiences the quality of Montane the performance edge to go FURTHER, FASTER.