This Glacier 1000 XL Sleeping Bag from Mountain Equipment utilises a combination of lightweight materials and technical features to provide you with an incredibly warm bag that will see you through the coldest nights on your toughest adventures.
The extra long, mountain fit has a semi-tapered mummy shape which combines comfort and thermal efficiency for all-round mountain use and accomodates even the tallest of adventurers. The hood and the foot box of the sleeping bag have been anatomically shaped in order to optimise down control and warmth. The foot box in particular utilises an angled design which naturally reflects the position in which our feet relax to reduce the amount of dead space in the sleeping bag.
The Gemini Integrated Collar utilises two overlapping anti-snag draft tubes down the side and a fully integrated neck collar to help retain the heat from your body inside the sleeping bag to keep you warm. In addition to this, ground level seams help to maximise the thermal efficiency of the sleeping bag by allowing a single top layer to wrap fully around the body so that fewer cold spots can develop.
The whole bag exploits trapezoid offset baffles to create a stable bag with plenty of space for the 50g of down to fully loft in each baffle and keep you warm. The full length zip makes it easy for you to get in and out of your sleeping bag as well as allowing you to open it out to create a duvet on occasions that you might get too warm.
The shell of the bag is made with water resistant Drilite Loft which helps to keep the moisture away from down ensuring that it can still fully loft and provide you with the warmth you need in difficult and damp environments.
- Comfort limit: -16°C
- Fill weight: 1000g
- Fill power: 725 Duck Down
- Drilite Loft outer fabric to protect down in damp conditions
- Mountain Fit
- Trapezium, 4 baffle trapezoid foot box for excellent down control and loft with low weight
- Down Control, 7 baffle anatomical fit hood provides excellent warmth and down control
- Gemini Integrated collar with synthetic combination draft tubes
- Gound level seams to maximise heat retention at the sides of the bag
- Trapezoid offset baffles for stability, loft and down control
- 50g baffle walls for long term structure and down control
- Full length zip with anti-snag baffle
- Mesh storage sack and roll-top waterproof compression sack
- Maximum user height: 200cm
- Packed size: 21 x 36cm
- Total weight: 1635g