Super lightweight insulation for when every gram counts. The Men's Arete Hooded Jacket from Mountain Equipment is a minimalist jacket that uses a durable water resistant down fill to give a boost of warmth for pre-dawn starts and extended belays. It features a full length zip along with hand warmer pockets, one of which doubles into the stuff bag for the jacket, so it shouldn't take up too much space in your pack, while the hood is also insulated for excellent heat retention when the mercury falls.
- Fabric: Helium 20
- Insulation: 116g of 700 fill power, water resistant Pure Down
- 90/10 down to feather ratio
- PFC-Free water resistant down treatment
- Stitched-through narrow baffle construction throughout
- Optimised down distribution & fill weights using a baffle-by-baffle approach
- Stretch bound Mountain Hood
- YKK moulded centre front zip with insulated draft baffle
- 2 zipped hand warmer pockets
- Stretch bound cuffs
- Adjustable dual tether hem drawcords
- Packs into hand pocket with twin karabiner carry loops
- Weight: 375g
Equipping expeditions for the harshest conditions on earth for over 50 years. Since Mountain Equipment began in 1961 we have continuously played a part in helping the world’s most talented and ambitious climbers, mountaineers and polar expeditionists push the limits of human achievement.
We have participated in countless ground-breaking ascents of the world’s highest peaks, supported climbers establishing ever more adventurous routes and equipped world record-setting trips to the North and South Poles.
We design, test and build our gear with passion and commitment. We use it ourselves, and we work closely with our Pro Partners to help us perfect our products, so that you can be sure that your Mountain Equipment gear has been proven to perform.