Mountain Equipment's polar power house, incredibly warm and easily at home in the short daylight hours of the Arctic winter.
Expedition level warmth and durability comes as standard in the Greenland Jacket. The windproof, water resistant Drilite Loft fabric, already extremely tough, is reinforced over the shoulders and sleeves for even greater abrasion resistance. Top quality Hungarian goose down is used for maximum insulating power, but to avoid heat loss through compression by rucksack straps, the shoulders are insulated with Polarloft synthetic wadding. The insulated hood is large enough to fit over a helmet, but adjusts when worn without and, like the main body of the jacket, uses Mountain Equipment's EXL system for optimal thermal efficiency. This is a simple but extremely effective idea: the lining fabric is gently elasticated to 'hug' the wearer, eliminating cold spots by allowing the down to expand and fill all available space within the jacket.
This attention to cold-weather detail extends even further: in addition to large outer cargo pockets, the Greenland boasts an internal mesh pocket to ensure your water bottle stays at body temperature, with a drinking tube retainer fitted for convenience.
- Weight: approx. 1400g (size L)
- Fabric: Drilite Loft (100% nylon)
- Main: 545g (Size L) of 93/7 Hungarian Goose Down Power (750+ fill)
- Shoulders: Polarloft wadding
- Box wall baffle construction
- Reinforced shoulders and sleeves
- Fully adjustable helmet compatible hood with Drilite® Loft lining
- 2-way moulded centre front zipper with rear GEMINI baffle
- 2 zippered napoleon chest pockets and 2 large lower cargo pockets
- EXL elastication system incorporated into hood and back of jacket
- Internal mesh water bottle holder and drinks tube retainer