The mens Javelin Jacket by Mountain Equipment is a minimalist and modern softshell for bold missions to climb light, fast and high.
With a combination of the Exolite I fabric in the body and the more rugged Exolite II fabric in the shoulders and hood this jacket has a light stretch whilst still being able to repel wind and rain. The hood is also fully adjustable to ensure you can cinch it in around your face to give maximum protection. The mesh lined pockets contribute to saving weight but they also allow an extra burst of breathability should you need to take advantage of them.
The active cut of the jacket means it is quite slim fitting to ensure you get the most out of your jacket, while the pre-shaped and articulated arms give a more natural fit reducing any unneccessary excess fabric. The flatlocked seam construction vastly reduces the chance of any chafing on this slim fitting jacket while the use of twin needles ensures it is super strong and durable. The inclusion of a dual tether hem drawcord really highlights the attention to detail which Mountain Equipment display in their garments because this reduces any chance of the drawcord catching on any passing trees or fences. It's the little things that count the most sometimes.
- Weight: 390g
- Fabric: 97% polyester, 3% elastane
- Exolite I fabric reinforced with Exolite II in the hood and shoulders
- Mountain HC hood is fully adjustable
- Active cut with pre-shaped and articulated sleeves
- Twin-needle and flatlocked seam construction
- 2 bonded Napoleon style chest pockets with mesh lining
- YKK front zip with rear storm flap
- Seam free forearm for improved abrasion resistance
- Lycra bound cuffs and dual tether hem drawcords