Since the mid-nineties the Trango 2 has a been a benchmark two-person expedition tent, for exploration in the very wildest of places.
The basic concept remains – a bombproof geodesic framework and spectacularly tough fabrics – but with a few tweaks to make it even better. The criss-cross pole framework is braced to shrug off attacks from winds from any direction, but the use of Direction Connection construction now means the poles, inner and fly are all connected at the guying points, for optimum stability. If those winds are carrying spindrift, the snow flaps keep it out of the front vestibule – and whatever you're storing in it.
For a super-light shelter, the Trango 2 can be put up in Pitch Light configuration, using just the fly, poles and footprint (available separately).
The tent to take when you really can't afford to wonder if your tent will cope.
- Fly: 70D PU/SIL nylon taffeta (1,500mm)
- Inner: 40D FR DWR nylon ripstop
- Floor: 70D Ether type PU FR nylon taffeta (10,000mm)
- Poles: DAC Featherlight NSL
- Direct Connection points at guying points link inner, outer and poles
- Large dry entry vestibules with brow pole
- Double layer doors with mesh vents
- Snow flaps on front vestibule
- Internal Tension Shelves for support and storage
- Zipped venting
- Internal mesh storage pockets
- Attachment points for gear loft (not included)
- Multiple reflective guying points
- Self-equalizing anchors on side walls
- Loops for internal guying system
- SVX window
- Colour coded tab on fly and canopy for easy pitching
- Colour coded stitching for easy pitching
- Capacity: 2 persons
- Packed size: 61 x 20cm
- Packed: 4.44kg
- Minimum: 4.03kg
- Pitch Light: 2.92kg