A stunning three-person expedition tent, capable of withstanding the severest of conditions in the remotest of places.
Proven and dependable, the basic layout of the Trango 3 has been unchanged for about 20 years. As new ideas and materials develop though, Mountain Hardwear make sure they update it to keep performance as good as it can possibly be.
For example, the sturdy geodesic pole framework is now aided by Direction Connection points: the poles, fly and inner are joined together at the guying points, so the guys act on the whole of the tent. On the edges of the front vestibule, snow flaps keep out the spindrift, and the teardrop shaped doors provide easy access and tuck neatly away once opened.
When you only need a more basic shelter, the fly and poles can be used (along with the optional extra footprint) in minimalist Pitch Light mode.
- Fly: 70D PU/SIL nylon taffeta (1,500mm)
- Inner: 40D FR DWR nylon ripstop
- Floor: 70D Ether type PU FR nylon taffeta (10,000mm)
- Poles: DAC Featherlight NSL
- Direct Connection points at guying points link inner, outer and poles
- Large dry entry vestibules with brow pole
- Double layer doors with mesh vents
- Snow flaps on front vestibule
- Internal Tension Shelves for support and storage
- Zipped venting
- Internal mesh storage pockets
- Attachment points for gear loft (not included)
- Multiple reflective guying points
- Self-equalizing anchors on side walls
- Loops for internal guying system
- SVX window
- Colour coded tab on fly and canopy for easy pitching
- Colour coded stitching for easy pitching
- Capacity: 3 persons
- Packed size: 61 x 23cm
- Packed: 5.10kg
- Minimum: 4.68kg
- Pitch Light: 3.41kg