A great midsize workhorse of a pack, the Kestrel 48 Rucksack from Osprey has enough space for overnight trips, days out with all your climbing gear or travelling light on extended trips.
The lower zip allows access to the bottom of the bag without having to rummage down through the rest of the contents: you can get at your sleeping bag without having to first unpack your waterproofs, food and stove! When it's fully loaded, the Airscape back with its steel spring frame comfortably transfers the load; when you're not carrying so much, the compression straps keep everything lashed firmly in place.
- Main: 210D nylon double diamond ripstop
- Reinforcement: 420HD nylon Packcloth
- Die-cut spacer mesh hipbelt and harness
- Fully adjustable AirScape backpanel with foam ridges for ventilation
- Adjustable torso length
- Zipped side access point
- Integrated and detachable raincover
- Base compartment with internal divider
- Top lid access
- Stow-on-the-go pole attachment
- Single ice axe loop
- Hydration bladder compatible
- Stretch front and side pockets
- Sternum strap with whistle
- Side compression straps
- 2 zipped hip belt pockets
- StraightJacket compression straps
- Weight: 1.6kg
Santa Cruz California 1974. Mike Pfotenhauer sat at his sewing machine with a head full of ideas and a burning passion to build the most innovative backpacks to the highest standard.
Fast forward to 2015. One man’s vision has grown into a wide range of Osprey rucksacks and accessories that are being used from the highest mountains to the most remote islands and everywhere between.