It’s true to say that longer trips require more planning & organisation. Not simply where are you going, but how will you get there? What gear will you need to take? What will you carry it in? What weather will you face?
Featuring a women’s specific fit, we’ve designed the Ariel exactly with these questions in mind. The built in raincover keeps the heaviest rainstorms on the outside of your pack and the torso adjustable Airscape™ backpanel offers ventilation, even while trekking across in the hottest deserts. You can remove the top lid and convert it to a lumbar pack, perfect for day hikes away from your basecamp.
Your gear is all readily to hand, with the inclusion of a large J-shaped zip that allows access to the main compartment without opening or closing the top lid. The StraightJacket™ compression system pulls your load in – holding it tight, but it can also be used to significantly reduce the total volume of the pack, great when you’re carrying less not more. The stretch pockets on the front and sides of the pack are great for storing anything you can cram into them, designed to access water bottles on the go.
Because we know what carrying a 20kg load feels like, we’ve invested all our expertise and experience in the “engine” of the pack – or you might call it - the backsystem. The IsoForm™ hipbelt, harness and backpanel supports and distributes your load in an even and comfortable way. You will struggle to find a more reliable and seasoned trail companion for your next multi-day adventure.
- Designed for Women
- AirScape™ backpanel with foam ridges for ventilation
- Sternum strap with emergency whistle
- Stretch mesh side pockets with InsideOut™ compression
- Top lid access
- Twin zippered hip belt pockets
- Twin ice axe loops
- Pre-curved IsoForm™ CM moldable hipbelt
- Removable top lid, converts into lumbar pack
- Integrated & detachable raincover
- StraightJacket™ compression
- Adjustable torso length
- Sleeping bag base compartment with internal divider
- Cord loop accessory attachment slots
- Compatible with Daylite
- External hydration access
- Internal top load compression strap
- Removable sleeping pad straps
- Side compression straps
- Single aluminium stay
- Weight : 2.23 (M) kg
- Maximum dimensions : (cm) 86 (l) x 35 (w) x 30 (d)
Santa Cruz California 1974. Mike Pfotenhauer sat at his sewing machine with a head full of ideas and a burning passion to build the most innovative backpacks to the highest standard.
Fast forward to 2015. One man’s vision has grown into a wide range of Osprey rucksacks and accessories that are being used from the highest mountains to the most remote islands and everywhere between.