The Andes 1000 Sleeping Bag from Rab offers exceptional levels of warmth in a performance orientated shape. The mummy shape reduces unnecessary weight and adds warmth due to the lower internal volume of the bag that needs to be heated. The bag has a water resistant outer fabric that offers extra protection and piece of mind on cold, damp camps and belays. It is ideal for use at altitude or on exposed belays when maximum warmth to weight ratio and small pack size are required.
The main insulation of the bag comes from 1000g of 800 Fill Power European Goose Down stored in baffles. The chest and foot baffles are longitudinal to minimise down migration and maximise warmth, while an internal neck baffle and drawstring hood help reduce any drafts which might cool the bag down.
An anti-snag webbing tape behind the zip ensures a smooth close while an angled foot box ensures your feet are not feeling trapped but instead warm and snug.
- Shell: 30D, 58g/m2 Pertex Endurance (100% nylon ripstop)
- Lining - 30D, 48.5g/m2 Pertex Microlight (100% nylon)
- Insulation: 1000g of 800 Fill Power European Goose Down
- Rab fluorocarbon free Hydrophobic Down developed in conjunction with Nikwax
- Mummy shape
- Face baffle for snug hood fit
- Longitudinal chest and foot baffles to minimise down migration
- Proportionally assigned differential cut
- Internal YKK 3 coil zipped stash pocket
- 3/4 length YKK 5 coil main zip
- Left hand zip only
- Anti snag zipper webbing tape Fabric Warp Weft
- Internal collar and hood drawcord
- Trapezoidal baffle chamber design
- Angled foot box
- Dry bag compression stuff sack
- Cotton storage sack
- Hand filled in Derbyshire UK
- Rab sleep limit: -27
- Internal length: 195cm
- Internal chest width: 75cm
- Internal hip width: 57cm
- Internal foot width: 41cm
- Weight: 1625g
Founded in the UK, Rab began by specialising in high performance down sleeping bags. Today, Rab produces a range of outdoor kit that frees climbers to go further, higher and quicker than ever before.
By using the highest quality, lightweight materials Rab remains at the forefront of innovation and performance. From their super lightweight bivi bags to tough, waterproof and breathable eVent™ jackets, Rab have created some of the most hardwearing and specialist kit in the world.