The Men's Expedition 8000 Jacket from Rab is a specialist piece of kit for extreme cold conditions including high altitude and Polar use. Filled with very warm goose down insulation, the box wall differential cut retains the loft in your jacket and keeps the down where it should be while the water-resistant coating prevents the damp causing any chills. The YKK Vislon 2-way front zip is covered by a protective flap to ensure none of the cold creeps in, and the hood is filled with down to make sure no heat is lost through your head. Furthermore, the wired peak ensures the jacket stays put over a helmet.
Although extremely toasty, elbow articulation and relaxed fit provide freedom to move throughout your expedition. You'll find side vent zips with multiple pullers so you can customise your ventilation when there's a break in the wind chill. Other practical features include reflective prints to ensure you'll stay seen when the visibility drops and a number of pockets internal and external so you'll have plenty of room to secure your essentials.
- Outer: Pertex Endurance (100% nylon 6 30D, 53g/m² Pertex Coated)
- Lining: Pertex Quantum (100% nylon 6 20D 35g/m²)
- Hydrostatic Head: 1,000mm
- Insulation: RDS certified Europen goose down (850 fill power, 526g)
- Rab Fluorocarbon free Hydrophobic Down developed with Nikwax
- Down filled hood
- Wired peak
- Helmet compatible
- Box wall construction differential cut
- YKK Vislon 2-way front zip with protection flap
- Ventilation zips with multiple pullers
- Elbow Articulation
- 3 outer pockets
- 2 internal mesh pockets
- Mitt compatible oversize features
- Reflective prints
- Hand filled in Derbyshire UK
- Fit: Relaxed
- Weight: 1.34kg
Founded in the UK, Rab began by specialising in high performance down sleeping bags. Today, Rab produces a range of outdoor kit that frees climbers to go further, higher and quicker than ever before.
By using the highest quality, lightweight materials Rab remains at the forefront of innovation and performance. From their super lightweight bivi bags to tough, waterproof and breathable eVent™ jackets, Rab have created some of the most hardwearing and specialist kit in the world.
You may also like...