If you spend much time in the mountains, you're likely to encounter windblown snow and rain at some point. Frankly, you're likely to encounter that if you spend much time outdoors anywhere in the UK!
Help is at hand, however, in the shape of the Inferno Shield Hoodie, a relatively rare combination of waterproofing and warmth. Rather then layering up with insulation and a shell, if you expect to encounter inclement conditions, this is one jacket which does the lot. A filling of lightweight Pyrotec recycled insulation traps in the warmth, while Pertex Shield keeps heat-sapping wind and rain locked firmly outside.
- Outer: Pertex Shield 2L (100% nylon, 105g/m2)
- Inner: 100% nylon ripstop
- Insulation: Pyrotec (100% recycled polyester)
- Body: 80g/m2
- Sleeves and hood: 60g/m2
- Helmet compatible hood with peak and roll-down hook and loop tab
- YKK AquaGuard front zip with dual internal storm flaps
- 2 YKK Aquaguard zipped handwarmer pockets
- Internal YKK zipped map pocket
- Hook and loop cuffs
- Hem drawcord
- Reflective details
- Fit: Relaxed
- Weight: 670g