A packable bundle of incredibly breathable warmth, the Women's Strata Hoody is great on its own or great as a mid layer for those who are being active in the cold.
As you'd expect from Rab, it's a versatile, weather protective, well featured mountain jacket, but the real magic lies in the insulation. If you're serious about getting out in the mountains, sometimes you'll be out in the cold but, if you're swinging an ice axe or picking out the best line across an exposed ridge, you could build up quite a head of steam. That's why the Strata uses Polartec Alpha, insulating fill which offers excellent breathability. It also has a more stable structure than other synthetic fills, so the fabric it's wrapped in doesn't need to be as dense to hold it all together... so the overall package can be really breathable!
This extra breathability makes it ideal for active pursuits in cold conditions, trapping warm air but not moisture, thus allowing you to keep working hard without filling your jacket up with condensation. It also means it's much more comfortable when used within your clothing system as a mid layer too.
When you don't need it, it stuffs away easily into its own pocket to stow neatly in your bag. All in all, a great idea that works excellently!
- Outer: Pertex Microlight (100% nylon 6.6, 20D, 49g/m²)
- Lining: Zoned micropile, woven nylon and polyester mesh
- Insulation: Polartec Alpha (80g/m²)
- Lycra-edged under helmet hood
- Tricot-lined collar
- Roll down anti-snag hook and loop tab
- 2-way YKK front zip, internal storm flap, chin guard
- 1 YKK zipped Napoleon chest pocket
- 2 YKK zipped side pockets/vents
- Subtly quilted to reduce fabric movement
- Lycra bound cuffs
- Hem drawcord
- Fit: Regular
- Weight: 450g