A striking look and even more striking performance: the Speedcross 3 takes the iconic, lightweight, aggressively profiled trail running shoe and refines it even further.
The claw-like tread of the Mud & Snow Contagrip sole is still there, but it's been made even more durable to shrug off the constant assault of pounding the trails. Another underfoot improvement is the reduced height in the heel: the closer you are to the ground, the greater your stability, and stability is vital on slippery, uneven surfaces. The uppers too have had a subtle makeover: the water resistant textile is still wrapped precisely around the foot by Salomon's Sensifit system and Quicklace drawcords, but the new bonded construction keeps down the weight, cuts down on stress points in the fabric, and keeps the profile cleaner so less likely to snag.
A proven race tuned design, made tougher, slicker and more stable: no surprise then that it's the shoe of choice for many Salomon team athletes.
- Upper: Anti-debris mesh & textile
- Midsole: EVA
- Outsole: Mud & Snow Non-marking Contagrip
- Lightweight Muscle Chassis for flex & support
- OrthoLite sockliner for moisture movement & cushioning
- Sensifit system to securely cradle the foot
- Quicklace one-pull drawcords with lace pocket
- Weight: 562g