The iconic Flux Smart from Tacx has been upgraded to the Flux 2 Smart. Like its predecessor, it is compact and maintenance-free with a realistic interactive direct drive but is also equipped with a bigger and stronger resistance unit and a heavier flywheel. This resulted in a wider simulation range, better ride feel and a more accurate power measurement.
The Flux 2 Smart is equipped with a bigger resistance unit compared to its predecessor, allowing for a wider simulation range. It is able to realistically simulate inclines up to 16% gradient. A reliable, accurate and consistent power measurement is key to keep track of your performance and progress. This is exactly what the Flux 2 Smart is designed for, it measures your power accurately within 2.5%. A stronger resistance unit in combination with a larger flywheel significantly improved the ride feel and responsiveness of the Flux 2 Smart. With these improvements, this Smart trainer better replicates the experience of outdoor rides. The Flux 2 Smart is designed to bring vibrations and noise levels to the absolute minimum. This resulted in the most silent flywheel equipped bike trainer available.
By supplying the Flux 2 Smart with additional axle adapters, the axle compatibility significantly increased. This direct drive is compatible with 142x12mm and 148x12mm axles, straight out of the box. The smart electronics of this bike trainer allow you to train stand alone, without any software. It follows a progressive power curve, the resistance will increase progressively when you ride faster. Precisely replicating riding on a flat road. Intuitive LED lights provide a visual confirmation when the trainer is powered and connected to a device over ANT+ or Bluetooth. Designed to withstand the most intense training sessions, this bike trainer is built to last. A large footprint ensures maximum stability and durable materials give the quality you would expect.
- Type of trainer: Interactive Smart direct drive with electric brake
- Magnets: 8 Permanent ferrite magnets & 8 electromagnets
- Transmission: None
- Electrical requirements: 110-240 Volt
- Power indicator: None
- Connection indicator (ANT/BT): 2 LEDs
- Firmware upgradable: Yes
- Suitable cassettes: Shimano & SRAM: 8 t/m 11 speed. Campagnolo body sold separately
- Suitable axles: Width of rear fork: Race 130 mm, MTB 135 mm, 142 mm & 148 mm. Adapter for 135 x 10 mm available.
- Suitable bikes: Race, Tri & MTB
- Supplied with: Quick release for road bikes and mountain bikes (5mm), Direct drive quick release with adapter set 142x12mm, 1 month Tacx Premium software
- Max. power (40 km/h): 2000 Watt
- Max. incline: 16%
- Simulation of descent: No
- Max. torque: 41 Nm
- Max. brake force: 120 N
- Flywheel: Actual of 7.6 kg
- Mass inertia: 31.2kg
- Calibration: Spin down
- Footprint (lxw): 670 x 642 mm (26.4 x 25.3 in)
- Height:460 mm: (18.1 in)
- Dimensions when folded: Not foldable
- Weight: 23.6kg (52lbs)
- Wireless communication: ANT+ FE-C, Bluetooth Smart open
- Control by: Smartphone, Tablet, ANT+FE-C bike computers, Stand alone, Connect to computer via ANT+antenna
- Output: Speed, Cadence, Power
- Read out on: Smartphone, Tablet, Bike computer, Sports watch, Computer with ANT+ antenna
- Accuracy: <2.5%