A route and planning guide from Trailblazer for anyone organising a trekking holiday in Nepal. It includes the most popular routes as well as the newest trekking areas plus the most extreme route of all, the 160-day Great Himalaya Trail.
There are route guides to the following regions: Kanchenjunga, Makalu, Rolwaling, Solu-Khumbu (Everest Region), Helambu and Langtang, Ganesh and Manaslu, Annapurna, Naar and Phu, Mustang, Dolpo, the Far West.
• Choosing a trek – independent tea-house trekking or guided treks arranged through trekking agencies
• Choosing a guide and crew
• When to go
• Trekking grades and duration
• Practical information – visas, permits, fees and equipment, planning your trip and getting to Nepal Nepal
• Background – people, religions, festivals and etiquette
• Kathmandu and Pokhara city guides – hotels, restaurants, what to see
• Green hiking – responsible tourism and how to minimise your impact on a fragile region
• Health and safety – how to stay healthy on your trek and avoid altitude sickness
• Colour mapping – showing the main trekking routes in Nepal
• More colour – extra colour sections plus colour introduction and colour mapping.
You may also like...