The Offa's Dyke Path is a superb National Trail that runs from the North Wales coast to the Severn Estuary following the line of Offa's Dyke, an impressive eigth-century earthwork along the English-Welsh border. The ever-changing landscape – the Clwydian Range, the Shropshire Hills, the Black Mountains and the Wye Valley – is steeped in history and legend providing 177 miles (285km) of fascinating walking.
This is the fourth edition entirely rewalked with all accommodation and each place to eat fully checked.
• Includes 98 detailed walking maps: the largest-scale maps available – at just under 1:20,000 (8cm or 3.125 inches to 1 mile) these are bigger than even the most detailed walking maps currently available in the shops.
• Unique mapping features walking times, directions, tricky junctions, places to stay, places to eat, points of interest. these are not general-purpose maps but fully-edited maps drawn by walkers for walkers.
• Itineraries for all walkers – whether hiking the entire route or sampling highlights on day walks or short breaks.
• Detailed public transport information for all access points.
• Practical information for all budgets – what to see, where to eat (cafes, pubs and restaurants); where to stay (BandBs, hotels, bunkhouses, hostels and campsites).
• Downloadable GPS points now included.