With its open, airy living space and enough headroom to stand up in, the Vango Calder 500 Tent is a great choice for family camping. All-in-one pitching and colour coded poles make setting up a breeze, so you can just get on with enjoying your holiday.
Two full-size doors make flexible use of the living space, and allow great airflow through the tent on hot, sunny days. In fact, even with the doors closed, Vango’s AirZone venting keeps the air moving comfortably. If you’re not quite so lucky with the weather, you can rely on the fully waterproof, Protex 70 denier flysheet to keep the rain outside, where it belongs.
Along with the doors, having large, Diamond Clear windows makes the inside of the Calder feel light and open. Early in the morning though, when you don’t want the light of the sunrise to wake you up, you’ll be glad of the Lights Out inner tent which keeps the two bedrooms nice and shady.
Vango’s patented TBS II, or Tension Band System, can be clipped into place inside the tent to brace the tunnel shape against buffeting from the side, providing extra stability when the wind picks up. In all it is spacious, easy to pitch and performs well in all sorts of weather, so it’s a great choice for weekends away as well as extended stays on the campsite.
- Capacity: 5 persons
- Structure: Tunnel
- Pitching: All-in-one
- Pitching time: 18min
- Outer: ProTex 70D polyester
- Hydrostatic head: 4,000mm
- Inner: Polyester
- Groundsheet: Polyethylene
- Hydrostatic head: 10,000mm
- Poles: PowerFlex fibreglass
- TBS II Tension Band System
- Lights Out inner tent with detachable divider
- Inner tent pockets
- Large diamond clear PVC windows
- 50% more Vango AirZone ventilation than previous model
- Zipped cable entry point with velcro tidies
- Lantern hanging point
- Colour coded poles
- Oversized carry bag
- Sewn-in bath tub groundsheet
- Packed dimensions: 70 x 30 x 31cm
- Weight: 15.95kg