Trailhead is a witty, fun guide to all things trail running. Veteran trail runner, triathlete, and adventure racer Lisa Jhung offers this illustrated pocket guide to all runners curious about running off road or wanting to run further into the backcountry. She offers authoritative advice on everything from how to find good trails to run, how to choose the best shoes and clothing, how to carry enough water, and how to stay safe from wildlife and weather.
• The Essentials: Finding good trails, choosing the best trail running gear, handling trail conditions, preparing for the climate and the weather, nutrition and hydration
• Safety: What to do about common trail running injuries, first aid, and animal safety
• Etiquette: Right of way, preserving the trail, when nature calls
• Company: Running alone, with friends, with dogs – or burros!
• Stronger, Higher, Faster: Preparing for longer trail runs or trail races
From wilderness safety to selecting the best gear, Trailhead is a smart, entertaining read as well as a thorough resource for all trail runners.
Lisa Jhung is a veteran trail runner, triathlete, adventure racer, and journalist. She is a contributing editor for Runner's World and is the Runner's World trail running columnist. Lisa has also worked as an editor at Trail Runner Magazine and was a co-founding editor of Adventure Sports magazine.