Top Tips for Protecting Wildlife
How can you help to protect wildlife every day and look after the great outdoors? Here are few ideas from nature lover and passionate conservationist, Ajay Tegala.
• Reducing plastic packaging and avoiding non-recyclable packaging is a great place to start and easy to do at home.
• Never littering is an obvious one but also picking up litter that you see, even if it wasn’t you that dropped it!
• Keep dogs on leads when walking in areas where wildlife lives, especially during the spring/summer when birds will be nesting in hedges, trees, woodland, long grass, marshland and on beaches.
• Leaving a little wild patch in your garden for insects, perhaps a bit of lawn left uncut.
• Consider volunteering on your local nature reserve if you are keen and want to give a bit more.
• Finally, just taking time to listen, watch and appreciate, sharing nature moments with friends is so important to protecting nature and wildlife.
Let us know you agree to cookies
We use marketing, analytical and functional cookies as well as similar technologies to give you the best experience. Third parties, including social media platforms, often place tracking cookies on our site to show you personalised adverts outside of our website.