The Ascension Ascender from Petzl is a handled ascender that provides a positive grip on a single kernmantle ropes between 8-13mm diameter. It features an ergonomically moulded grip handle which allows a comfortable yet powerful grip, it is also wide enough that it can be used when wearing thick gloves and a wide lower hole is perfect for attaching two carabiners for a lanyard and footloop. There is a safety catch which is fully integrated into the body of the ascender which helps to reduce any snagging and the toothed cam with self-cleaning slot optimises performance under a huge range of conditions, even with dirty or frozen ropes.
Available in left or right hand versions.
- Materials: aluminium, chrome-plated steel, plastic, rubber, nylon
- Rope compatibility: 8-13mm
- Designed for ascending a rope
- Simple and effective
- Ergonomic molded handle
- Wide opening allows for use with gloves
- Ergonomic upper part to to maximise power when using two hands
- Totally integrated safety catch to help prevent snagging
- Toothed cam with self-cleaning slot for optimum performance
- Can be used under any conditions including frozen or dirty ropes
- Wide lower hole allows carabiners to be easily attached
- Weight: 165g