The Fly Axe from DMM strikes a balance between clerance for climbing, ease of use when plunged into deep snow and good self arrest performance thanks to it's gently curved shaft. The hot forged handle is straight enough to plunge easily through snow, while the spike on the bottom gives good purchase when walking or making progress on snow slopes. The aggressive pick gives performance on steeper terrain, with a bottom hand rest that helps reduce the pump and increase stability on steep ground. The Fly can be fitted with a Raptor pick to improve self arrest performance, when winter walking and mountaineering.
- Material: laser cut steel
- Interchangable hammer, adze or picks variants
- Integrated lower and upper handrest
- Can be used as an anchor
- Durable T rated shaft and picks
- Ergonomic hot forged handle
Product Code: F1A14030