The Ascent 500 Sleeping Bag from Rab is a versatile, mid-weight sleeping bag suitable for camping, backpacking and mountain use. This quality all-rounder features a lightweight and packable Pertex Quantum outer, while warmth is provided by high-quality European Duck Down and trapezoidal baffle design. The glow-in-the-dark puller on the main zip is especially useful when tucking yourself in after a night around the campfire.
The wide mummy fit optimizes comfort while the close-fitting neck baffle design and angled foot box ensure either end of the sleeping bag remains snug. The compression stuff sack, cotton storage sack and anti-snag zip guard all come together to increase the life of the bag.
- Outer: Pertex Quantum (100% nylon 30D, 49g/m²)
- Insulation: RDS certified European Duck Down (650 fillpower 500g)
- Rab Fluorocarbon free Hydrophobic Down developed with Nikwax
- Comfort lower limit: -4.5°C
- Internal YKK 3 coil zip stash pocket
- 3/4 length YKK 5 coil main zip with noctilucent puller
- Anti-snag zip guard
- Angled foot box
- Compression stuff sack
- Cotton storage sack
- Trapezoidal baffle chamber design
- Close fitting neck baffle design
- Internal collar & hood drawcord
- Wide foot area for extended comfort
- Shape: Wide Mummy
- Hand filled in Derbyshire UK
- Pack size: Ø22 x 39cm
- Weight: 1.04kg
Rab specialise in making rugged, high-performance mountain clothing and equipment. Created to give you ultimate freedom, protection and comfort, we use cutting edge materials as well as time-tested ones such as premium quality European down. Nothing fancy or over-engineered – just honest, hard-working pieces that you’d rather repair than replace.
More than thirty years since our founding, we continue to find inspiration in the untamed spirit of the mountains where we climb, the friendships we forge on the peak and our enduring mission: to awaken the climber in everyone and equip them for the ascent.